rainbows

Copy & Paste This Code:

Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Dream Team



This week has been extremely busy, nonstop activity from morning til night and I've only gotten a few hours of sleep each night, so by this afternoon, I was feeling overwhelmed and grouchy and I was taking it out on the kids. In my defense, I did apologize to them and let them know it wasn't their fault, but I still wish I had time to catch up a little! Well, I ran out the door to cheer practice with Felicia where I had to make a banner for homecoming tomorrow night and stuff treat bags etc.--the duties of a team Mom !
When I returned home, I was so pleasantly surprised by the fact that my two middle schoolers had taken it upon themselves to clean the entire bottom floor of the house, including dishes in dishwasher, clothes in the washer etc. I saw love and I saw God through their efforts and I was so proud in that moment that they were my kids, because they were able to see that I couldn't do it all myself and pitched in so their Mom wouldn't go crazy. When I walked in, Bethany even ran up and asked "Would you like some iced tea? I made a pitcher" and Sam said "I have your slippers down here " (even though HE was already wearing them). How cool is that??
I was so grateful that I had to grab the camera and take some photos of my kids hard work. It was every Mom's dream and I lived it tonight --lucky, lucky me !!!

1 comment:

medina family said...

Wow! That's awesome and they did an excellent job. You have great kids!