rainbows

Copy & Paste This Code:

Sunday, October 25, 2009

mile by mile

I have not been blogging about my progress in training for the Richmond half marathon coming up on November 14th. I have been running with a partner on all of the longer runs we have to do and just by myself for the short runs. At this stage of the game 4-5 miles are "short runs". This morning, Kristin and I finished 13 miles ! now, let me just say, that 13 miles for a very novice runner such as myself is a really really LONG run. I did manage to make it the entire distance but boy was I dragging the last two miles ! Poor Kristin probably thought she was going to have to drag me to the end !
I am proud of all the progress I've made in the training and feel a great sense of satisfaction in achieving this goal I've set for myself. That being said, I can't wait until this is OVER !! I plan to keep my runs in the future to 3-4 miles for exercise. After all the training I've realized one important thing---I don't like to run !!!

No comments: