rainbows

Copy & Paste This Code:

Monday, July 6, 2009

Forty and Fabulous !




My 40th Bithday arrived despite my protests these past few months leading up to it.
I have to say that on my actual birthday all I felt was joy. I was happy and excited to celebrate my day even though it was raining all day and all of our original plans had to be postponed to another day.
Steve made me a wonderful home-cooked breakfast in the morning after which I returned back to my bed for a little extra rest. I received phone cals from friends and family wishing me Happy Birthday. About noon, I took off to spend the afternoon shopping by myself for new running shoes (Steve's gift to me after my announcement that I intended to run the Richmond half-marathon this November) and some new clothes and sunglasses.
I met up with my family and friends for dinner at a favorite local Mexican place and we had a great time together.
At home Bethany surprised me with a gift she had made--a photo cube with all of our pictures on it. I love it!
So far, 40 isn't so bad !

2 comments:

Jim Gerencser said...

Happy 29th Birthday!! (guess that makes me 27) :)

As one would expect of a 29 year old, you don't look a day over 30!!

medina family said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday! There's no way you're 40!