rainbows

Copy & Paste This Code:

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Family Night




For the past few years, we try to set aside one night a week to devote to Family Night at our house. It is usually on a Tuesday night because that has been an activity free day for the past year amazingly enough! We don't always do the same thing every week and I usually make the activities after dinner a surprise.
This week Steve is out of town in Atlanta, so we had to carry on without him. Generally I make something the kids really like for dinner, so we had tacos tonight(I had a taco salad). Underneath a plate I placed a penny. Whoever had the penny under their plate got to choose the dinner game. we did that, then spent some time looking at photo/scrapbook albums.(It seems I spend so much time making them sometimes I forget to look at them!)
We each made a New Year's Resolution, even Ellie, who wants to be kind to people.
Then I introduced the kids to a favorite treat I used to have as a kid---waffles with ice cream. did anyone else used to eat these? If you've never had one, you take two frozen waffles, toast them lightly, scoop out your favorite ice cream and sandwich it between two waffles. Soooooo good. this was a big hit, they all loved it and wanted more, of course.
After dessert, we took out our Lukitsch Family Journal ( a Christmas gift from my friend Susan who handmade this for us!!!) and Bethany wrote what we did for Family Night. We plan to journal all of our Family nights for the year.I can't wait until next year to see a whole book filled with all the fun things we did.

No comments: