rainbows

Copy & Paste This Code:

Monday, September 28, 2009

Tales from the kitchen

This year Bethany has an elective course called Personal Development. It is essentially what we used to call Home Ec. She has become very interested in cooking and the kitchen since the start of this course. while I was away this past Saturday, I received a call on my cell phone from home. Bethany told me that she and Felicia had made cinnamon rolls that morning for the family. I calculated that I had not recently bought the Pillsbury tubes of cinnamon rolls, so I asked "How did you make them?" Bethany's answer -"from scratch! I found a recipe in one of your cookbooks"
Still puzzled, I asked, "but didn't you need yeast?" "Well, the recipe called for that, but i didn't know what it was, so I just made them without it"
When I got home, I explained the importance of each ingredient in a recipe adn how you can't just leave things out, particularly in baking. I had a good chuckle, but Bethany declared that they were still good ! they must have been okay, because they were all gone when i got home, I never got to see them.
One of her upcoming assignments is to make her family dinner one night, so I will post about that when it happens.

1 comment:

medina family said...

that is so funny! I leave stuff out all of the time because I don't have it...maybe that's why my cooking isn't that good.