rainbows

Copy & Paste This Code:

Saturday, May 30, 2009

When is it summer?



Ellie, having limited knowledge of time, has been asking me when will it be summer? Technically, of course, it won't be officially summer for a few more weeks, but I told Ellie it was summer when school was out. Of course, school is already out for her but not her siblings, so this leads her to still ask the question. Today, when I watched her running and squealing through the sprinkler in the front yard I thought to myself "Now it is summer". There are certain things that make it feel like summmer to me:

Running through a sprinkler in the yard
hearing the ice cream truck come through the neighborhood
the smell of sunscreen
lots of flip flops all over the house
freezer stocked with popsicles
cold fresh watermelon--mmmmm....

1 comment:

Jim Gerencser said...

We had our first watermelon of the season over Memorial Day weekend. Was really, really good. You're right - it does make you think that summer is here.