rainbows

Copy & Paste This Code:

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Good Choice

Last weekend Ellie went along withme to run some errands when I was finishing the girls' rooms. She knew we were going to Target and she had $1.00 and asked if she could bring it along to buy something. Knowing Target has a dollar section, I said yes, that would be fine. She was all excited to go buy something, but when we got to Target, she didn't want to look at the dollar section, she wanted to go to the toy section. Well, I let her look and she oohed and ahhed over several things, asked how much they were and I would tell her $15.00 or $20.00. She was discouraged to learn that her $1.00 bill would not buy her a great Barbie or Polly Pocket set. I finally told her she could probably buy a pack of gum or a coloring book with her dollar and she thought about it for a few minutes.(yes, minutes, while we stand in the middle of Target). She finally turned to me and said,"Momma, I am going to save my dollar until I get more dollars. Then I can buy a toy."
"yes, Ellie, you can buy something you really want if you wait and save up more dollars"
She said, "That is a good choice"

I was so proud of her for making such a good decision at such a young age. That doesn't mean she won't blow the next dollar she gets, but at least some of the time she is thinking through her options and she was so darn cute telling me that she made a good choice!

No comments: