rainbows

Copy & Paste This Code:

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Countdown



Today is the first day of December and I saw this cute idea on a website. I made 24 cones out of scrapbook paper and today they will be filled with treats. Each day, one of my kids will have a turn to get the treat for the day (the kids agreed to take turns for each day, starting youngest to oldest). Since I have 4 kids and there are 24 cones, it will work out that they'll each get 6 turns.
I also have a small tree (less than 24 inches) on my kitchen island that is our advent tree. whenever someone in the house does a good deed, they write their name and the good deed on a plastic christmas ball with a sharpie and hang it on the tree. They can be things they did themselves or that they saw someone else do. Felicia wrote that Bethany helped her clean her room. Yesterday we already added 4 or 5 ! I hope the Christmas spirit lasts !!!

3 comments:

medina family said...

very cute! there are so many traditions, I wish we could do them all!!

Darlene said...

Cute!! It looks prety, too! BTW...I love the picture of Ellie!!

Stacey said...

that is such a great idea! and pretty to look at as well.