rainbows

Copy & Paste This Code:

Thursday, June 11, 2009

List Maker

I am a huge list maker. I make lists for everything, mostly because I can't remember anything without writing it down. I make to-do lists, errand lists, prayer lists,grocerylists, packing lists,chore lists for the kids, cleaning lists, shopping lists,etc..
I read an interesting article a few days ago that said Research shows that list makers are healthier and happier. The articla also gave suggestions on creating different types of lists besides the to-do list, such as :

a daily graditude list
a list of your happiest moments--people who reminisce often are happier overall and will recall those memories for a longer period of time and more vividly.
list of your life priorities
list of your top 100 pleasures --this is a way to gaining joy every day, by making sure you are engaging in the things that bring you the most pleasure often.

Last summer, the kids and I made a summer fun list, writing down all the activities we wanted to do and the places we wanted to go during the summer. Of course we never got to do all of them, but we checked off quite a few and had some fun new adventures!

No comments: