rainbows

Copy & Paste This Code:

Friday, December 19, 2008

school party, skate night



On Thursday, the 18th, Felicia had her school holiday party, which I helped out at. All the 4th grade classes (there are 5 at her school) rotated classrooms to do different activities. they had a book exchange activity, a craft, games, snack etc.
I was in the snack room where we handed out to every class a brownie and juice box. When each class came in, they lined up to also make their own trail mix, which consisted of skittles, chex cereal, pretzels and m&m's. They could also get some powdered sugar in their baggie to shake it all up in. Now, the kids loved this, of course, but it just made me want to gag!

Later that evening, it was the school's monthly skate night fundraiser at the local skate rink. I promised Felicia we could go because she missed all of the fall ones due to cheerleading practices. We went with her two best friends, Brooke and Taylor. Even I skated and let me tell you, it has been a while since my feet were in rollerskates! But, like riding a bike, you don't really forget, and soon Felicia and I were racing each other around the rink. It was a fun day and I was exhausted when we got home!

1 comment:

Jim Gerencser said...

Of course, for those of us who never became very good skaters, the evening would probably have involved a few bruises (unless you'd be holding me up, like you used to).