rainbows

Copy & Paste This Code:

Monday, June 14, 2010

Place your bets !

Yes, I took my kids to the horse race track ! Less than an hour away, we have a racetrack that I have never been to. When I found out about Fan Appreciation Day, that admission, programs,hot dogs, chips and drinks were all only 25 cents each--that's right, 25 CENTS, I was all in ! Steve had to work and Bethany was at a party, so I went with a friend whose husband was also working and her kids. We had fun doing something new and NOT spending a lot of money! We even had coupons to receive free T-shirts !
Ellie with good friend Isabela -- they were sweltering in the 90+ degree heat
Getting a closer look at the horses getting ready to race. We didn't know too much about how to place bets, but the kids looked through the race program with me to pick two horses to bet on in race #2. We placed each bet for only $2.00.

Coming around the track, both of our horses are in 1st and 2nd place ! #5 ends up being the winner.

Me with my big winnings ! On a 2 dollar bet, I won $11.60 ! Not bad for a novice ! I recouped all of my costs that day.

No comments: