rainbows

Copy & Paste This Code:

Monday, May 17, 2010

Yard Sales !!

One of my favorite things to do on a Saturday morning during the spring and fall months is to go out to yard sales. I have found many things over the years that have saved me a lot of money and I just love the thrill of the hunt! This past weekend, i took pictures of some of my finds. Not pictured is the great Black and Decker electric shrub/tree trimmer I got for Steve, still in the original box, barely used for $15.00. Shown above, I got these books for Ellie at my first stop, only a nickel a piece !
It doesn't show well here, but the vase with the reeds goes well on my mantle and it was only a dollar


Cute lamp for Bethany's room for only a dollar !
One of my favorite things to find is name brand clothes for the kids. Here I found American Eagle and Aeropostale tops for Bethany and Felicia for 25 and 50 cents each ! At a different sale I scored an armful of Gymboree brand clothes for Ellie, including 2 winter coats !
Brand New skate shoes for Sam in his next size up, $5.00
An extra guitar for their Guitar Hero game, $4.00

My biggest deal of that day was these Sperry Topsider shoes I found at the last one I went to. They were brand new, in Felicia's size (well, she'll grow into them by fall), the shoes all the kids want right now and cost between $60 and 80.00 new in the store. I got them for 50 cents !!! I love how good it feels to save so mcuh money by shopping this way ! Can't wait til next week !

2 comments:

medina family said...

great finds! Saturday mornings are so exciting!

Darlene said...

I've only gone out once this season...so depressing :0). Hopefully, I'll see you out in Hampton Park this Sat!!