rainbows

Copy & Paste This Code:

Monday, December 8, 2008

The Last Egg

Like Christmas Letters, I am always posting the fun and cheery stuff in our lives, but we all know that real life is full of moments we'd like to forget.

This past Saturday, we had almost a full day of free time and I thought it would be fun to bake Christmas cookies. The kids are always begging to make the cut out kind, so I set out to make the dough and Felicia wanted to help. Now, I had already been grumpy because the kids had been testing my patience earlier, but I was trying to snap out of it with this new activity. I was getting out the ingredients to start the dough and asked Felicia to get out the egg and hold on to it for a minute. She was so eager to crack that egg, that she didn't listen, let go of the egg, which rolled off the counter and onto the floor. And lo and behold, it was THE LAST EGG! Needless to say, we didn't get cookies baked that day and I remained grumpy a while longer!

So , even though things don't always go according to plan, we can at least look back at these moments and laugh. Bethany was already bringing up this incident later that night!

No comments: