rainbows

Copy & Paste This Code:

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

First Day at Work

I can't believe I'm back in a classroom with young children ! This is how I started out as I was earning my early childhood Ed. degree all those years ago right after high school and now I've come full circle. I was all planned and prepared for the first day with the kids!
Imagine my surprise when I walk into Ellie's room and see her lying on the floor. I asked "what are doing on the floor?" and those words you don't want to hear on an important day "I don't feel very well" . I put her in her bed and told her to rest some more, I was going to take a shower. Of course, my mind is racing a mile a minutes trying to figure out what I'm going to do and how am I going to call the director at the preschool to tell her I can't come on the first day ?!!!!! Fortunately, when I called Steve (already at work), he was able to rework his day to stay at home and work from there. Whew! I was hoping this wasn't an indication of how the rest of the day was going to go !
I was able to go to work and meet my students. Our classroom is The Busy Bee Threes.
They were only there for an hour, but we had plenty of activities for them to do. Here they are busy making snacktime placemats that they will use all year and playing with yellow playdough that I had made at home because yellow is our color of the month. We had a great first day!

We received a cute apple mosaic from one of our students--isn't that sweet ?
Our director also handed out mugs filled with fresh flowers that had been delivered to the school for each of the teachers. What a great place I've found to work for my first job in a long time. I think it's going to be a good fit.

No comments: